Recipe: Superfood Chocolates
These superfood chocolates taste great and you can eat them without feeling guilty as they are made of high quality and healthy ingredients. The coconut oil, coconut, almond butter and almond meal will help to keep your blood sugar under control; this is one of the most important aspects of your health.
If your blood sugar is out of balance your hormones get out of balance, your energy is up and down and you store fat due to the insulin response. So, make these up and have one when you feel like a sweet treat. They keep well in the fridge for about a week.
1 cup virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup almond meal
4 Tbsp honey (maple syrup or brown rice syrup)
1/4 cup organic unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup hemp seed protein (*you can substitute any other protein powder or leave out)
1⁄2 tsp liquid Stevia or 3 tsp powdered Stevia (*optional)
1 Tbsp organic vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup raw chocolate/cacao powder
1/3 cup goji berries (*optional)
1. Spray an ice cube tray with oil and set aside or use mini Easter egg moulds or mini muffin papers.
2. Melt coconut oil under hot water or spoon into saucepan and melt over low flame. When coconut oil turns to a liquid, pour oil into a medium sized bowl.
3. Slowly whisk in almond butter, cinnamon, Stevia (if using), and agave nectar one at a time.
4. Next, whisk in vanilla.
5. Then slowly stir in cacao, almond meal, coconut, and hemp seed protein one at a time, sprinkling evenly as you go.
6. Batter should run off your spoon. Spoon into ice cube tray, or moulds and chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Stick 1 goji berry on the top. *optional