[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”undefined” align=”left” font_color=”%23788596″]
To optimise your results
- Plan and prepare well. The main thing that will trip you up on the detox is not having the right foods available to you when you are hungry and in a rush or out and about. You need to plan for these times.
- Print off the Deep Detox Phase Meal Plan below and stick it on your fridge for easy access.
- Ensure you have all the ingredients you need to make the meals and snacks for this phase of the detox before you start.
- This is the strictest phase of the detox and helps us really get rid of our sugar cravings by removing not only processed and refined sugar products but fruit as well. If we replace all processed sugar with fruit for the whole detox the cravings will likely remain.
- For most people 5 days no sugar and no fruit is enough to get over their sugar cravings but if you feel that haven’t quite gone you can go another few days without fruit, just eat plenty of vegetables.
- If you have a power blender like a Nutribullet try one of the vegetable based smoothie or cold soup recipes. They are light and easy to digest but by adding avocado or some seeds can be filling and very satisfying.
- There’s no restriction on quantity of food during this whole food detox so don’t go hungry. Have some veggie sticks chopped up ready to go in the fridge with some dips like hummus, guacamole or salsa.
- If you find you are craving sweets then make sure you are eating some healthy fats in your day like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, nuts and seeds.