Reasons Sugar Ruins Your Health
There are so many ways sugar has a negative impact on our health but not all of them are obvious. We all know about sugar cravings, the mid afternoon dip in energy and need for chocolate fix but sugar has more serious side effects than causing us to crave chocolate. Here’s a list of reasons you may want to conquer your sugar habit and introduce some healthy, balanced foods into your diet:
1) Sugar can increase your cholesterol levels.
2) Sugar contributes to diabetes.
3) Sugar suppresses your immune system.
4) Sugar contributes to arthritis.
5) Sugar contributes to depression and mood swings.
6) Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
7) Sugar can cause heart disease.
8) Sugar interferes with mineral absorption.
9) Sugar can weaken eyesight.
10) Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
11) Sugar can cause headaches and migraines.
12) Sugar can cause hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) as well as hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar).
13) Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
14) Sugar feeds cancer cells.
15) Sugar contributes to skin losing its elasticity and premature aging.
16) Sugar can increase water retention in the body.
17) Sugar contributes to tooth decay.
18) Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, concentration difficulties in children.
19) Sugar can cause kidney damage.
20) And the big one, sugar contributes to obesity and weight gain, which increases your risk of so many diseases.
Stop sugar cravings and conquer these health challenges with a Sugar Detox. Read about my Sugar Detox Program here>>