Recipe: Easy Brown Rice Stir Fry
Try this easy stir fry recipe. Use staples from your kitchen cupboards and freezer to make this simple healthy recipe. Serve with some steamed Asian greens or a green salad in the summer. This stir fry recipe will help stop sugar cravings and boost energy.
Easy Brown Rice Stir Fry Recipe
Ingredients – Serves four
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
4 Tbsp tamari (wheat-free)
1-2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced crosswise
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
4 tsp minced fresh ginger or 1tsp powdered
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked and cooled
1 red capsicum, chopped 2/3 cup chopped spring onions
- Stir walnuts in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted (3 minutes). Drizzle 2 Tbsp tamari over walnuts: stir until tamari coats walnuts (45 seconds). Cool. These can be made ahead and stored at room temperature in airtight container for 3 days.
- Combine chicken and 2 Tbsp tamari in a medium bowl. Toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes and each side. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add cooked rice, red capsicum and sesame oil: reduce heat to medium and stir-fry until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice mixture among plates.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and walnuts.