Tony - Sydney
* "After multiple visits to my GP and the constant disappointment of being told "come back in a month, we'll try another type of indigestion medication" I searched the web and found Lisa, I had constant pains in the stomach, bloating and inconsistent bowel movements, I felt sluggish and tired. I ate healthy foods and still had these symptoms...I was lost.
S.V. - Sydney
* "I feel very lucky to have found Lisa when I did. I had been having several issues with my stomach for a long period of time and I was struggling not knowing what was happening or how to fix it, even after countless doctor's visits. Upon coming to Lisa, she was very thorough in understanding my background firstly, to make sure she really understood my history and what was happening. We then began tackling the problem right away, and she was able to provide answers to all of my questions, and clarity on my issues. She has lots and lots of resources (such as recipes and other food guides that she has created). She is also very flexible and tries to find an individualised solution that works around your lifestyle, preferences, and of course whatever may be causing the problem in the first place. She doesn’t try to impose drastic textbook lifestyle changes, but instead really works with you to try to create something that is a feasible solution and fits into your lifestyle, while trying to maximise the results you need. She has helped me a great deal - I would highly recommend Lisa, and am very grateful for her help."
Y-P Chiew - Sydney
* "I started to notice the start of my digestive issues occurring more frequently in 2015. At the end of Dec-15 / early Jan-16 my digestive symptoms increased in severity and my immune system seemed to have reached rock bottom when I got sick multiple times in a row, got gastroenteritis in Bali and then took antibiotics.
After all this I was left feeling very very ill and suffering from the full suite of IBS symptoms and health issues on a daily basis which were quite severe that I could not work, function or eat normally as constantly felt sick (my symptoms were bloating, gas, constant nausea, reflux, indigestion, heartburn, irregular bowel movements, stomach cramps/pain, fatigue, anxiety, poor sleep, multiple food allergies).
The GP and Gastroenterologist diagnosed with post infectious IBS but had no helpful advice on how to resolve it other than "it may or may not resolve on its own" and could be "months or years". I was at a point of desperation when I came to see Lisa and was worried that I would be stuck like this.
After working with Lisa for 6 months, I can say I am pretty much back to normal and feeling so much happier and healthier. It was only through Lisa's testing and advice that I finally got to the root cause of my issues which could finally be addressed. We had to deal with so many issues and monitor so many symptoms relating to SIBO, Dysbiosis and Candida and I had to apply strict dietary changes at the start.
Lisa is very knowledgeable and she educated me on the right diet and "clean" eating and also why I got these issues in the first place. I saw improvement of my symptoms week to week as I worked through each treatment phase. As of today, all my IBS symptoms are pretty much resolved, my energy levels have come back to normal, I can now eat a lot of the foods I was having issues with before, and I don't crave junk food anymore. I felt very comfortable and supported by Lisa throughout the entire process. It has been a really positive experience and has been life changing in terms of my diet and awareness of my general health. Lisa has been fantastic and I would not hesitate to work with her again or recommend her to my family and friends."
Susi - Sydney
* "I came to Lisa after being recently diagnosed with diverticulitis. Along with lactose intolerance and IBS, I needed help with managing my diet.
Lisa was very thorough during out initial consultation and recommended a low FODMAP diet to settle my symptoms.
Adjusting to the diet was not too difficult as there are so many food options to choose. The only restriction that took some getting used to was chocolate!
After a couple of months, I feel fantastic! Lisa's support has made such an enormous difference to my life. I feel more energetic and a lot less bloated. I managed to shed a few kilos which was not even the intention.
I would highly recommend Lisa to anyone with digestive issues."
Greg - Sydney
* "You're help has made an enormous difference to my feeling of wellness. It was such a long process but you were very helpful and informative through the entire process. I couldn't be happier with the result as I'm now able to eat again and am well aware of the food groups that make me unwell. Thank you for your help!"
A. Forder - Sydney
* "I have been seeing Lisa for a year now and have seen some amazing results.
From our initial consultation she has helped me change my eating habits and I have been sticking to her guidelines.
The effect this has had on me has been amazing. I have lost approx 6kgs and kept it off, I have more energy & sleep better at night and I don’t feel bloated anymore. Not only that but I have an improved knowledge of nutrition and the foods I should eat at different times of the day.
Lisa is a pleasure to deal with. She is both positive and supportive. I really enjoyed my appointments and find value in our bi-monthly check ins to see that I am staying on track.
I highly recommended Lisa to anyone looking to lose weight and improve their health. You won’t regret it!"
Masoud Shoushtari - Sydney
* "When I first came to see Lisa, I was in a state of despair that aroused from my frustrating struggle with my Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis). This disease had challenged me for nearly three years and with my own research and self-planned diets, I had made very little progress in dealing with my digestive issues, fatigue, and discomfort.
In the initial consultation with Lisa, we discussed the main issues and I was impressed with her comprehensive knowledge of my medical condition, which gave me a great confidence that I’m seeing the right professional.
I was reassured and confident by the end of the first four weeks of my diet program and the introduction of supplements that I have taken the right pathway. Since I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, I could never think, I would ever feel as if this disease had never struck me. Surprisingly enough, after the first round of supplements, I actually experienced living without pain, discomfort and anxiety.
As I am writing this, it is nearly six month after the commencement of my treatment and it has been a thoroughly life-changing experience for me.
In addition to the improvements I made in my sleeping quality, eating and energy level, I could manage to go back to Uni and contemplate possibilities that were quite hard to imagine prior to my treatment. The treatment has a significant impact on my physical and mental well-being and broadens my understanding of my body and mind.
I highly recommend Lisa because she is compassionate, knowledgeable, supportive and a great communicator."
10 April 15
Edward Harris - Ingleside
* "I first came to Lisa after putting up with digestive discomfort for a number of months, I was frustrated by the fact that, although eating healthily I still had persistent bloating, gas and constipation.
I had my initial consultation with Lisa and immediately felt comfortable with her approach and desire to help. We began with testing for SIBO – small intestine bacterial overgrowth, this test confirmed I had SIBO and I started treatment immediately... with great success – 2 months of supplementation and a strict eating plan, this killed off the bacterial overgrowth and eliminating all the uncomfortable symptoms associated with SIBO. I can now eat normally without suffering any bloating, gas, and constipation.
Along with the process, Lisa got me on a sugar detox program which I believed contributed to my success, to this day I still eliminate sugar from my diet.. and feel much better for it. I am very happy with my results and would highly recommend the help of Lisa for any digestive discomfort or anyone seeking better general wellbeing."
Ursula Reynolds - South Africa
* "Before starting the programme, I was very reluctant to walk long distances, not to mention uphill. With lots of encouragement from the programme and my daughter I have managed to walk longer distances easily without becoming as exhausted and managing a few inclines with less difficulty than before. I feel much, much more energetic so much so that I do not skip one day of taking my walks.
I have learnt that keeping a record of meals helped to know what worked and was not so effective.
I used to be called a tea pot, because of my love for tea, even that has changed, I could never have tea without sugar, now I can easily have a healthy cup without sugar.
My concentration is better, though it is not where I would like it to be, but I am getting there.
When I visited the doctor last week for a general check up she said the blood pressure looks good. So there you have it, even that is better and I’m looking forward for the day I will be without medication. Whoohoo!!"
Tamara - Sydney
* "After recently having a baby I decided it was time to see a Nutritionist as I was so TIRED of being tired! I also really wanted to lose the rest of my baby-weight. Lisa directed me back to my GP for a full set of blood tests, where I found that I had an underlying problem - a hyperactive thyroid. Lisa proposed a weekly meal plan of nutrient-rich foods to help address the condition and provide me with more energy. I enjoyed the meals proposed, and was surprised at how satisfying they were. Lisa gave me a lot of other meal options to work into the plan and enhance variety.
To my surprise, after just 4 weeks of following my tailored meal plan, my thyroid had rebalanced without medication, I was feeling more energetic and I had lost 4kg in the process without doing any exercise! I then introduced light exercise, continued on the meal plan and lost a further 2kg and lost 4% body fat in the next 4 weeks. In just 8 weeks, my body fat % and weight are now healthier and lower than my pre-pregnancy condition!
Thank you Lisa, you've given me a new way to look at preparing nourishing meals that help me get through my day!"
Brett Simon - Ryde
* "I came to Lisa because I knew I needed to fix my diet, but I didn't have the necessary direction or motivation to know what to do. I was suffering from terrible digestive discomfort and constant tiredness.
Since working with Lisa, I have not only found out the foods to avoid for my symptoms, but also I have learned how to eat better for a healthier life. I'm a different human being! My whole journey was a simple investment for large rewards! Thanks Lisa!"
Patricia Miranda-Brucker - North Ryde
* "Before working with Lisa on the Digestive Wellness Program, I struggled with bad digestion (IBS symptoms), headaches/migraines and sinusitis. Since starting coaching, I feel much better: my digestive symptoms disappeared, the headaches reduced and I lost 6 kg! Now I know exactly what foods to avoid if I want to keep feeling good. Many thanks Lisa for all your guidance!"
Mariella Lovera Raffo - Sydney
* "Before working with Lisa on the Road to Wellness Program, I struggled with weight loss as I was trying to follow diets which were difficult to follow or to maintain, and after a while I gave up.
Since starting coaching, I learned great things and how stress can play a big role in not achieving my results. I feel healthier now, and I know this is an ongoing process not just temporary diet.
I look after what I eat with more confidence than before as I learned how to prepare my meals, so I can make my own choices with confidence, and I learned what I can eat when gathering with friends.
I am losing weight gradually without feeling I am on a diet, it is a change of mindset on how and what we should be eating.
When I look back at the investment, I feel it was a good decision because I learned many important things on Wellness that are very valid now and all my life. It is challenging at the beginning but having structured topics every week makes things easier."
Christine Alexiades - NSW
* "I started the Sugar Detox along with other work members.
I was thrilled with the results;
-6kg loss in weight that stayed off
-Less bloating (that looking pregnant appearance)
-More regular comfortable bowel movements
-Better, clearer skin, eyes, and hair. I had some bumps on side of face most of my life – disappeared and stayed away.
-Less mood swings a better balance in my emotional outbursts
-Slept better at night, not waking with that hung-over, dry feeling
-That afternoon 40 winks – gone! Energy to enjoy life and go go go
-Pleasure to drink water, taste and eat yummy “real” food.
Since having my children in my 40’s I have struggled with my weight and consistency of anything, so making it move felt impossible. My irritable bowel issues didn’t help, flaring up at times was so disheartening. This is the only thing that seemed to work for me. Got the weight moving, gave me energy and made my life so much more pleasurable.
Lisa was there for me along the way with questions about digestion, regularity, skin changes she had a simple answer each time. Her support and generosity of time and information was amazing.
My family benefited as they had alternatives with me like carrots with peanut butter, hummus and so on. My daughter 3 has bowels like me so her yogurt topped with chia seeds helps her too.
Life changing. Thank you Lisa from all of us. In such a busy, hectic, sugar-filled world it’s so nice to know you're there for me in my corner supporting my health and longevity."
Gretchen Masters from Spring Fitness - Bondi Junction
* "I only did the sugar detox out of interest, I already thought I was perfectly healthy.... Obviously not. Eliminating sugar and coffee from my diet made me feel amazing. Once I got over the initial sleepiness, I felt calm, energised and focused. I was more productive than ever and didn't experience any symptoms of PMT. I lost 3kg in the first 10 days and was really happy with my new body tone. While the detox is a temporary measure, I've learnt a lot that I can use for life."
Becky - North Ryde
* "Sugar Detox worked great for me not only have I lost 13 kilos, my skin is healthier no more pimples yay, I have more energy when I work out at my gym and amazingly no more sinus headaches....I would recommend to anyone to do the sugar detox....it really was the best kick start for the new me. Thanks Lisa"
Jane Braund from Contours Gym - North Ryde
* "During the Sugar Detox I lost 1.2 Kg and overall 10cm's . The cms were more important to me as I really had not recovered from Christmas, and then Easter splurges.
Before the detox, I thought I felt physically and mentally OK. However, by the second week, I felt lighter, my head felt clearer, more clarity. I had more energy, which is definitely important in my role. I also found I slept so much better through the night, and woke refreshed in the morning.
The detox instructions were clear and easy to follow.
By the end of the detox I felt great, and have decided to keep a lot of the foods in my diet. I wasn't having enough veggies in the day and too many muesli bars. That's all changed now.
I learnt that when I was hungry at home I would eat cheese, then more cheese, Oh! and cheese.. My snacks are now, veggie sticks with hummus, or tuna & bean dip, or guacamole, almonds, or an apple. So lots of healthier choices.
I would definitely recommend this detox to other people - It is a good way to change those bad habits, and make yourself aware of the amount of sugar in a lot of the foods we eat."
Vanessa Leeder - North Ryde
* "At the end of the detox I feel great, am really proud of myself for lasting 14 days. Thought it would be difficult but I got organised and it actually was easy. Definitely opened my eyes to all those hidden sugars! I found myself very clear headed and focussed and less stressed. My hair was noticeably softer and I've not changed hair products. Started to enjoy preparing the meals and really enjoyed the flavour. Will try to keep it up as far as not eating processed food with high sugar levels and will cut down on my dairy intake. Haven't wanted to eat chocolate yet either. Love Quinoa and find myself more attentive to reading the labels. Definitely more aware of other alternative food products out there now. I lost 1.2kg and 4.5cm"
Linda Borg - Sydney
* "Before the detox I felt sluggish and bloated. At the end of the detox I'm feeling good. Nice to have dropped the few kilos that have been hanging round for a while. I would recommend this detox to other people looking to improve their health and lose weight."
Contours North Ryde Member
* "Before the detox I was always hungry and in need of something sweet. I learned how bad my habits were. I thought low fat products were the way to go but didn't realise how much sugar is doing damage and making me hungry and crave sweet food. After the detox I felt good. I lost 2.3kg, I no longer crave sugar and I feel full for longer."
Jayne - Sydney
* "I'm still losing weight (albeit slowly) since the sugar detox last year and I'm 3kg away from my wedding weight!!!! I still want to be a few kg's lighter than that, so I'm still working very hard at my diet and exercise.
My diet is way better than my exercise regime, due to time constraints but I feel I'm doing well. As far as my diet is concerned, I've cut out ALL SUGAR (yes it's true - no sugar over Easter either!) and it's easy easy! By sugar, I mean anything processed with sugar, like chocolate, cereals, lollies etc... I still eat fruit and I still eat yogurt every night after dinner as my 'treat', but it's an organic, low in sugar yoghurt and satisfies me.
I don't eat much bread and I have now got the entire family eating mountain bread and I'm eating a little more meat than I like, but often I'm happy with a salad for dinner with a little feta and that satisfies me.
So, hopefully when I see you next, you'll be pleasantly surprised 🙂 It's a wonderful lifestyle change and I feel fabulous for it. So much more energy!"
Sue Reid - Queensland
* "Before the Sugar Detox I was a little sluggish, overloaded and overweight. I was surely overdoing the sugar intake and the alcohol! By the end of the detox I'd lost 3.2Kg, I definitely have more energy and am enjoying getting out of the house and onto the beach or to the pool for some exercise. Herbal teas have become my staple, I really enjoy them. I certainly would and have recommended this detox to other people looking to improve their health and lose weight."
Jason Manuel - Brisbane
* "Before the program I was suffering from bloating of the stomach, reflux, insomnia and depression. The Hair Tissue Mineral sample results showed I had heavy metal toxicity and high levels of arsenic in my system. Lisa quickly put together a program of natural remedies and a quality diet to help me repair, renew and release toxins from my body. After the first week I began to benefit in lots of ways. I was sleeping less but better quality sleep and my thoughts became more positive.
After six weeks I lost 3 inches off my waist without exercise and 5Kg. After 6 months I was at my goal weight and I'd lost 10Kg and kept it off. Lisa did all this for me while I was living in a different city via the internet and phone and even after the program was complete she still keeps in contact for any further help. So change your life today, just decide. Many thanks Lisa"
Susan - North Ryde
* "Felt a lot less bloated, my tummy felt "at ease" and much flatter, which was great. Do seem to have more energy. My skin is clearer and I lost 2.5Kg. Made me realise just how much hidden sugar I consume, and how much I pick at food all day. I'm now aware of how much soft drink I was drinking, and how at night time after all the kids are finally asleep I slump in front of the TV and eat lots of junk.
Very happy that I did this, and am quite amazed that I stuck to it really well, though I did finish a day early. Would really like to do it again in 6 months.
I found it a lot easier the second time around. My skin is great."
Julie - Epping
* "Lisa helped me to understand about foods and specifically which foods help increase energy levels. I’ve introduced new foods into my diet that are healthy for me and my whole family. I have enjoyed taking the challenge of a detox, which I may not have done without her support."
Tanzie Clarke - Rhodes
* "I recently participated in Lisa’s sugar detox program and it was great. Going back to food basics and not consuming anything from a ‘packet’ really had a positive effect on me both physically and mentally. I found that even within the first few days, I wasn’t bloated after meals and I didn’t have sugar cravings in the afternoon. You don’t realise how much rubbish is in our everyday foods, even the ‘healthy’ ones, until you start reading labels…it’s frightening. I learned so much about food in general and how to cook a healthy, preservative free meal, it’s become a normal part of my everyday diet now."
Norma Molloy - North Ryde
* "Before coming for treatment I felt bloated, lethargic and unfit. It’s a work in progress but already I feel more energetic, my cholesterol is back within range and I'm down 10kg. Life seems more exciting, more enjoyable. It’s the best thing I’ve done for myself in a long time."
Nikki Stewart - Sydney
* "Before visiting Lisa I was unhappy, fat, sluggish and tired. Now I feel happy, and I'm skinnier. I'd say 'Just do it!"
K.S. - Epping
* "Lisa's advice has given me a greater understanding of my body and what I eat. I now have a better diet, improved health and well being and I'm more informed on Nutrition."
Jenny Childs Calmbirth Practitioner - Sydney
* "Lisa is clearly a leader in her field. Her nutritional knowledge is broad and encompassing and her warm and professional manner immediately sets you at ease. She gave me complete clarity of my nutritional needs and was able to simplify the often confusing messages about food."
Diane Martin - Sydney
* "Your knowledge of food and what's in it is amazing. I thought my choice of food and diet was pretty good, but you re-educated me. It's amazing what great results you can get from small changes - if everyone visited you (and listened to you!), there would be a lot more healthy, happy and energetic people in the world - well Sydney anyway! I certainly reached my goal in terms of weight loss and keeping it off (10kg).
I feel really good about my body and people have complimented me a lot at how much better I look. My clothes are falling off me so I have to go shopping! Thanks so much Lisa."
Diane - North Ryde
* "Lisa, your passion for good food is infectious. I have started reading labels and simply don't buy things that have half a dozen E numbers in them anymore! It takes a few more minutes each day to make a salad however it is very yummy and time well spent. I would recommend such a group detox to anyone as we have had your tireless and non-judgmental support."
Brenda Botha - Sydney
* "Just wanted to let you know that after two months on krill oil and adjusting the diet my cholesterol reading came down from 8.5 to 6.8. I know I have a way to go but so grateful for the improvement."