Grilled Lamb Chops With Mint & Coriander Pesto
Are you ready for a cleaner diet? Consuming a diet that is free of gluten, sugar and dairy has this amazing way of letting the natural aspects of the food really shine through. There is no added sweetness and the food tastes lighter, fresher and can simply be described as real food. One dish that encompasses these aspects so well are grilled lamb chops topped with mint and coriander pesto.
When cook time is complete the chops are perfectly tender, juicy and flavourful and the pesto adds another dimension to the dish. Aside from being delicious, this dish is packed with protein and other important nutrients such as potassium, iron and vitamin C. Here is how to make grilled lamb chops with mint and coriander pesto.
The Lamb Chops
4 lamb chops, about 2.5 cm thick
12 black peppercorns
2 garlic cloves (avoid for low FODMAP)
Leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil (use garlic infused for low FODMAP)
2 teaspoons tamari sauce, (gluten free)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Salt, to taste
1 cup coriander, fresh
½ cup mint, fresh
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
½ teaspoon ground coriander
Salt, to taste
1. Transfer chops to a plate and season with salt on both sides.
2. Add peppercorns, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, tamari, lemon juice and coriander in a food processor and pulse until a paste consistency is achieved.
3. Rub this mixture onto each side of the lamb chops.
4. Cover and place into the refrigerator to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat.
5. As the chops are marinating heat your grill pan or bbq.
6. Make the pesto by adding all the pesto ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add oil as needed.
7. Remove chops from the refrigerator and transfer to the grill.
8. Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 55C (125-130 degrees F).
9. Remove from grill pan and allow to rest (this helps to keep the meat juicy).
10. Top each lamb chop with an even amount of pesto.
11. Serve with either a fresh salad or quick stir fry of red onion, mushrooms, peas from the freezer and chopped Kale with a little tamari.
Discover the secret to a vibrant, balanced, and happy gut. Say goodbye to bloating, low energy, and mood swings! In this 4-week journey, we'll explore the power of your gut microbiome for improved mood, clearer skin, more energy, and better digestion. Embrace healthy habits and food choices, and let's heal and balance your microbiome together!