Make Exercise Fun
Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but sometimes it is easy to find yourself in an exercise rut (that’s possibly lasted years!). This is when motivation is low and exercise starts to feel like a chore and not an exciting and fun activity to look forward to. Everyone needs extra support every now and then and your exercise routine is no different.
Here are some fun strategies to kick start your routine and make exercise exciting again:
7 Ways to Make Exercise Fun
1. Find a Friend – Find someone to be your exercise buddy that is fun to hang out with. That way you’ll exercise just to be with them.
2. Play Something – We use the word ‘play’ in front of sports because they are fun. You ‘play’ tennis, golf, soccer, netball or any other sport. Find a sport that you used to ‘play’ when you were younger and take it up again.
3. Podcasts and Audio Books – Get yourself an mp3 player and download some audio books or podcasts. There are hundreds of free podcasts available covering any topic you can imagine. You can easily download an audio book or get them from your library. This way you can learn something new and exercise at the same time.
4. New Workout Gear – There’s nothing more motivating than a new workout outfit and comfy new trainers. If you are putting off exercise because you just don’t want to get into that sad old t-shirt and trainers you’ve had for 5 years then why not treat yourself.
5. Motivational Music or TV – Many people find that a distraction helps them get through a workout. Make a motivational workout compilation for your mp3 player or watch your favourite TV program while jumping on your mini trampoline.
6. Group Classes – Group fitness classes are a great way to meet new people or catch up with friends. Don’t give up if you don’t like the first class you try. Find an instructor with knowledge and enthusiasm and a form of exercise you enjoy.
7. End with relaxation – At the end of each exercise give yourself 5 minutes of relaxation. Just lie down on your back and let your body sink into the floor. Close you eyes and relax. Feel the effects of the exercise in your body. Look forward to the deep relaxation that can come after physical activity.
I cover various different methods of exercise during my weight loss & wellness program, so if you’re looking to make some lifestyle changes, lose some weight and upgrade your health then find out more about my online weight loss & wellness program here